Monday, April 20, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down....

Ugh. 41 and rain. Not so fun. Desire to do anything, much less anything domestic is totally gone. Had a fantastic weekend love affair with my new Nikon D90 and took some amazing pictures of the kids at the Morton Arboretum. Had two fun evenings with two favorite families of ours and the kids are worn out as a result of this...crabbiness levels have peaked to an all new high today and my patience is at a negative 10.

Domestic accomplishments of the weekend included hemming designer jeans leaving the original hem. It took 2 hours, but I dusted off the old sewing machine and did a pretty good job if I don't say so myself....of course, I had to enlist in the help of the family engineer...it was a two person job. Maybe paying the alterations people would not have been such a waste of money....?

Thoughts of the day.....I am ready for warmer weather..... I am ready to have some sort of color to my skin other than opaque....I am ready to use the gas grill to simplify dinner.....I am ready to not get up at 5:30 am and rush off to school by 7:15.....

Rumor has it, snow is in the forecast for tonight. Reply to this..... WTF? It is spring, isn't it? Done, done, done with snow.....wanting to have a snow suit/jacket burning ceremony. A huge bonfire that I can dance around while I watch our snow gear light up in flames and we give it the old middle finger by roasting marshmallows and basking in the humidity of a summer evening.

Ugh....Mt. Laundry beckons as does the bacteria-laden petri dish bathrooms. Jeans off, Juicy Couture sweats on....domestic goddess will clean in goddess attire!

No comments:

Post a Comment