Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Domestic Goddess tackles the hovel.....

Okay, enough is enough....my home has officially reached hovel status. As a self proclaimed Domestic Goddess, I am ashamed, embarrassed and at this point- totally overwhelmed.

If anybody came to visit me right now, I would have to claim that the Somalian pirates raided my home ....there is dust everywhere, piles of ...piles everywhere, my floor needs to be vacuumed and washed, the bathrooms are a disaster, and by the looks of my laundry room, global warming ceased and Mt. Laundry regenerated its mountainous glaciers that I now must hike once more.....

Add to that, it is gorgeous outside....first warm day in, I don't know- FOREVER and the sun is shining, my windows are all open, I have short sleeves on revealing my pasty snow white arms and I am a prisoner of my home. This sucks.

Interested to see how much I accomplish as it is almost 12:30 and E's soccer practice is at 5:30. Do I stay up all night? How did June Cleaver and Harriet Nelson do it and manage to look so fresh and in such high spirits in the morning......

Do Domestic Goddesses have cleaning services?

To be continued............

1 comment: